Terms & Conditions of Service
The following terms have a specific meaning in relation to the named Speech and Language Therapy Contract.
'You': the person responsible for paying for the Therapist's services. This can be the Patient / guardian / carer / case manager / payer.
'Patient': the recipient of the services provided by the Therapist.
'Therapist': the professional delivering services on behalf of Kate Biss Speech and Language Therapist.
'Contract Commencement Date': The date on which the Therapy Package is agreed between the Therapist and You.
'Therapy Package': a number of Appointments agreed between the Therapist and You, subject to Therapy Fees. Once a Therapy Package has been agreed upon, the Therapist will provide written confirmation of the Therapy Package’s corresponding Appointments.
'Appointment': an arrangement to deliver therapy/ other services at a particular time, place and for a certain duration.
'Missed Appointment': an Appointment that could not be met by the Patient, and the Patient failed to provide the Therapist with at least 36 hours' notice.
'Therapy Fees': total costs payable in relation to a Therapy Package. Therapy Fees are comprised of Appointment Fees, associated Travel Costs and fees associated with the use of clinical therapy space in other locations.
'Appointment Fees': the amount payable in relation to services rendered by the Therapist.
'Travel Costs': costs which will apply if the Therapist is travelling to your home address / place of therapy / other location in order to deliver therapy or provide other services. Travel Costs comprises Mileage costs and Travel Time costs.
'Mileage': the number of miles between the Therapist’s address and the place where therapy is delivered. Mileage is calculated using Google Maps and associated costs will be charged at the standard Inland Revenue rate of 45p per mile.
'Travel Time': the time taken, in minutes, for the Therapist to travel from her address to the place where therapy is delivered. This is charged pro rata at £37 per 60 minutes.
'Terms and Conditions': The rules, rights and and obligations that You agree to abide by, in order to use the services of Kate Biss Speech and Language Therapist
'Notice of Termination': a formal written request made by You to end this contract before all Appointments in the Therapy Package have been met
Terms and Conditions
- Informal discussion by email or phone: No fee
Informal discussion includes: discussion about the patient’s speech, language and communication difficulties. A brief description of the services available and whether they meet the needs of the patient and their family. No therapeutic advice or management strategies are offered.
- Initial Assessment Appointment: £120
An initial assessment lasts up to one hour and includes a short report. In more complex cases additional time may be required and will be charged at £75 per hour.
The consultation may include time spent with the Patient, their families or other professionals that are involved in the patient's care. Fees include administration, preparation time, time taken analysing data and additional information (approx 2-3 hours).
- Therapy Appointment and SKYPE/tele-therapy appointment: £75 per hour. £42 per half hour.
Fees include administration, preparation time, time taken analysing data and information, preparing therapeutic plans and materials (approx 2 hours).
The number of therapy Appointments will be discussed and agreed with You. Therapy appointments are usually offered in blocks of 10, carried out within a period of 3-4 months.
- Letters, reports and treatment programmes: £75 per hour
- Travel Costs: Travel Costs comprises Mileage costs and Travel Time costs. Mileage is calculated using Google Maps and associated costs will be charged at the standard Inland Revenue rate of 45p per mile.
- Travel Time: the time taken, in minutes, for the Therapist to travel from her address to the place where therapy is delivered. This is charged pro rata at £37 per 60 minutes.
Travel Costs will be charged in advance and must be paid in conjunction with the Appointment Fees.
- Clinical Therapy space in other locations. Fixed fee: £17.50 per Appointment. This must be paid in conjunction with the Therapy Fees.
2. Other services
- Visits to other establishments e.g. educational setting, residential home: £75 per hour (Visits may be carried out following permission from patients’; where possible, relevant family members and staff.)
- Training services: £150 per hour (includes preparation and materials)
- Initial Assessment Appointment fee to be paid at the time of booking, preferably by direct bank transfer.
- Therapy Fees are payable as follows:
- - 50% on the Contract Commencement Date
- - 50% within 30 days of the Contract Commencement Date
- Other services: fees payable at the time of booking.
4. Cancelling/rescheduling an Appointment
Appointments can only be cancelled / rescheduled by giving at least 36 hours' notice. If Appointments cannot be met by the Patient and at least 36 hours' notice is not given, this will be classed as a Missed Appointment.
The Therapist is not under any obligation to reschedule / replace a Missed Appointment or refund any Therapy Fees in relation to a Missed Appointment; however, the Therapist may choose to refund Travel Costs associated with the Missed Appointment, as long as You are solely responsible for paying for the Therapist's Travel Costs in full.
In the unlikely event that the Therapist is forced to cancel / reschedule an Appointment, a replacement Appointment will be provided once an acceptable date has been agreed between You and the Therapist.
5. Termination of Contract
A Notice of Termination is required if You wish to terminate this contract before all Appointments within a Therapy Package have been met. A Notice of Termination must be dated and provided by You via email, post or hand-delivered.
6. Refund Policy
If You choose to terminate the contract before the date of the last Appointment in the Therapy Package, Travel Costs for any remaining Appointments in the Therapy Package will be refunded in full.
There will be no refund given for Appointment Fees in relation to Appointments due to take place within 14 days from the date on which your Notice of Termination is received. Appointment Fees for Appointments due to take place after 14 days from the date on which your Notice of Termination is received will be refunded at 50% of the original fee.
Referrals are accepted from any sources: patients, family, friends, related professionals. Consent is required from the patient; where possible, prior to any referral.
8. Liaison and Sharing information
To provide a quality service and uphold professional responsibilities, information about the patient may be shared with relevant professionals. e.g. GP, medical staff, Allied Health Professionals. Information will be processed in line with current GDPR legislation.
This information may include background information. assessment results, therapy targets and progress reports.
Details of known professionals involved in a patient’s care must be disclosed during the initial assessment Appointment.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to review and may change. You will be given 30 days' notice of any changes.
9. Professional registration
Certified member of:
- The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (MRCSLT)
- Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (MASLTIP)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPCreg)
- Disclosure Scotland. Enhanced Disclosure (more info here)
- Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office